Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cracking Under the Pressure? Walcott accuses Patrick Sullivan of accusing him of murder

Hey, I once accused Arne Duncan of murder for closing so many schools in Chicago and forcing kids from different gangs into dangerous situations which has led to many Chicago kids dying. I'm sure we can pin something on the DOE.

I had some positive email saying NYC Chancellor Dennis Walcott was nailed for what he is in the video and commentary I posted about the January 20 PS 215 closing school hearing where I basically pointed out that Walcott was not only arrogant but gutless. I compared him to the captain of the cruise ship that is half sunk off the coast of Italy listing on its side and pointed out that WalBloomBlackKlein have the NYC school system listing on its side while telling people to go back to their cabins.

Really, the more you see Walcott the more despicable he is and I rate him the worst Bloomberg chancellor. Yes, Cathie Black was better because she was so clueless she was beyond causing as much harm as Walcott or Klein who did not try to act cool at least while putting the knife in your back. Remember that Walcott has been behind the ed scene since Bloomberg Day 1.


Patrick Sullivan who is the Manhattan borough PEP rep slugged it out with Mr. Arrogance at the PEP meeting last week after most people (including me) had left.
Queens representative Dmytro Fedkowskyj introduced a resolution recommending the Chancellor consider an approach to granting transportation variances based on a joint committee comprised of parent and DOE representatives.

The approach, called Safety Hazard Advisory Review Program (S.H.A.R.P), was developed by CEC 31 on Staten Island. All five borough president appointees supported the resolution which would not be binding but would simply require the Chancellor to consider the approach.

PEP Chair Hernandez recognized me to to speak in support of the resolution. I mentioned several cases in recent years where children were killed while commuting to school. The most recent was a middle school student killed crossing Delancey Street in Manhattan. Before I could finish, Chancellor Walcott interrupted me, asserted that I was accusing the DOE of killing children and began to lecture me. I responded that the chair had recognized me to speak, not him, and he was not only out of order but rude to interrupt me.
Here is Patrick's full post on the NYC Parent blog:
http://nycpublicschoolparents.blogspot.com/2012/01/chancellor-walcott-out-of-order-on.html

Also from Patrick on the PEP:
One of the more bizarre and suspicious things I've seen from DOE.

The expansion of the beloved School of One teaching machine was put out for RFP with a requirement that the vendor do the work for free in exchange for the rights to the technology and intellectual property.

There was only one outfit willing to take the work, formed by Joel Rose who managed the project at DOE.

My questions:

Q: Was this cleared by conflicts of interest board?
A: We think so but it's not really our concern because the liability is with the vendor

Q: Does the firm have any track record or other customers?
A: No and no

Q: Does the firm have any revenue?
A: No, just some private grants

Q: How many employees do they have?
A: We don't know

No comments: