Friday, January 6, 2012

Video of Bronx Science Jan. 5 Protest Against Vicious Valerie Reidy

 UPDATED with new version of video: Friday, Jan. 6, 10:45AM

NOTICE TO BS STUDENTS: VALERIE REIDY AND HER MINIONS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO RETALIATE AGAINST STUDENTS WHO EXERCISE FUNDAMENTAL CIVIL RIGHTS. CONTACT ED NOTES IF YOU EXPERIENCE THAT AND WE WILL PUBLICIZE YOUR STORY IF YOU WISH.

Here are some reports from the Anti-Reidy Rally. Read them all at Schoolbook link below.
I cringe every time I hear a parent say their child will be attending Bronx Science next year. I sadden every time a college professor, colleague, or supervisor smiles when I mention being a Bronx Science alumni, praising it for it history as a school of talented and gifted young adults. I let them know how I feel. I feel cheated of an experience that warrants that praise.--- Jordan Bonet


Paula Walzer
As a parent I would like to point out the consequences of teachers leaving for those who stay--the students. Mrs. Reidy says she feels very good about the people she's hired. Well, I don't. She only hires young inexperienced untenured teachers, who, no matter how well intentioned, are still learning how to do their jobs.

Bronx Science Alumni Protest video by Angel Gonzalez, GEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByQrkU6CExg


 


Schoolbook links - read amazing comments from mostly current and former students.

Rally Against Bronx Science Principal, This Time By Students and Alumni

What's your take on the turnover at Bronx High School of Science?

===============
Check out Norms Notes for a variety of articles of interest: http://normsnotes2.blogspot.com/. And make sure to check out the side panel on the right for important bits.

No comments: