Monday, August 27, 2012

Cute Cat Pics

You'd have to torture me to get me to admit exactly how much time I spend observing and playing with cats. So, what happens when your kitten is now 10 months old and a close friend and neighbor from a few blocks away was feeding a cat family of 3 -- mom, a male and a female, now known as Penny the Runt. Yes, we took it so now we have two.

Now of course, Bernie, a solid black cat who we found as a 5 week old in a bush on a divider on E. 17th St. just off Foster Ave. a few nights before Halloween, is now big and king of the hill, even though only 10 months old. I don't think Bernie even remembered what another cat looked like while Penny who was estimated at 3 months old but was a tiny, rickety size of a 2 month old because she had to fifht her double size brother for food, is a feral cat.

Bringing 2 strange cats together requires the highest level of diplomacy worthy of middle east negotiations. Over the past 3 weeks there has been some growling and spitting from Bernie, none of which fazed Penny, which totally confuses Bernie.

Here was a milestone I captured on Friday. Really, I could do this all day (and I often do).


Comments are welcome. Irrelevant and abusive comments will be deleted, as will all commercial links. Comment moderation is on, so if your comment does not appear it is because I have not been at my computer (I do not do cell phone moderating).