Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Heidi Chronicles: I'm a Mad Man About Peggy

There was no way my wife was going to drag me to a matinee on a cold day like today especially to see Wendy Wasserman's The Heidi Chronicles - except for the fact that Madmen's Elizabeth Moss stars. And what male (or female) fan of Madmen isn't in love with Peggy Olsen? It is hard to imagine - me being an actor of sorts - well the non-speaking part sort of actor -- how Moss could make such a leap from TV and even movies to a giant role like Heidi, who is the center of every scene in the play and holds it all together. But oh boy does she pull it off.

My wife urged me to stand outside the stage door and pepper her with questions on her way out about that child she had in
season 1. But it was cold and Junior's cheesecake beckoned from across the street.
Hmmm, let's see, cheesecake, Peggy, cheesecake, Peggy, cheesecake, Peggy.........

I'll leave it to you to guess which one won. (Still a madman about you Peggy.)