Friday, June 7, 2019

D-Day - June 6 - the Invasion of Norman - and possibly my conception

The invasion of Normandy on June 6 75 years ago is not only historically significant, it is also a very personal day since 48 years ago we got married on that date in 1971 - the invasion of Norman, which was the 27th anniversary of D-Day. That's a scary thought - we were married a generation away from D-Day and now we are three generations away.

We celebrated over two days with dinner at The River Cafe Wednesday evening and going to see the Temptations musical - Ain't Too Proud last night.

I wasn't alive in D-Day - I was born on March 3, 1945. But maybe in a sense I was - for those who consider there is life at conception.  I did some math last night. I was born 3 days short of 9 months after D-Day. Hmmmm. Did my parents celebrate that day and am I the outcome?


Toasting the life of our cat Penny who died suddenly of apparently a heart attack the other night at the age of 7.






Happy anniversary desserts - chocolate Brooklyn Bridge





Outside the River Cafe - I want one of these waterfalls





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Love the pics.