Monday, October 12, 2009

Fear and Loathing at Evil's Harlem Success Empire - Another Deep Throat Emerges


Deep throats at HSA seem to be coming out of the woodwork. Starting tomorrow: lie detector tests. Can't wait for the people who left to start talking.

I saw that you posted on the principal (Jacqui Getz) leaving Harlem Success Academy. It's true! She and two school leaders left with her. This is the second principal to leave in two years. Last year's principal was fired mid year, just before the third grade exams. He was good, just didn't fit Eva's idea of what a principal should be.

I don't know how she can get away with not having an Administrator in that school. Doesn't the State follow through on it. She should be out of compliance somehow!

I think they'll be bleeding teachers and staff by the boat-loads this year.

They already lost a teacher this year. So you have a number of people leaving in the first two months already.

Earlier in the year, she told teachers that it was not in her "vision" for the school to have teachers unionize - I bet you they would, if there was anyone planning on staying longer than a year or two. Plus, people are too afraid to even attempt that.

10 comments:

NYC Educator said...

I'm certain it's not in Ms. M's vision to have teachers exercise their right to union. It's remarkable that bosses are entitled to let working people know they don't want them exercising their rights.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! Wasn't Evil Moskowitz a NYC teacher at one time and was also a UFT member? What is she afraid of if her schools become unionized? Rights for every teacher to speak up about the budget, curriculum, grading, programs, class size, per session, work hours & schedule, resources, fairness, etc.

lprisco said...

The previous writer talked about rights in a uft school. Funny-i don't remember having those rights Hearing about the huge number of teachers in the rubber rooms, chapter leaders complaining about not having input into the budget, etc. it doesn,t sound like things have gotten any better.

ed notes online said...

Given the UFT track record in defending teacher rights it's a tough choice to tell charter school teachers to sign up with the UFT. But is there a choice? I would tell them to sign up and join ICE and the other opposition people.

Anonymous said...

Iprisco, I know it seems doom and gloom in many schools that are unionized. Trust me I see what's happening around me with respect to the union. But, the lesser of two evils, I am still glad to know that there's some form of unionism in our schools. I cannot see myself working in a heavy-handed, work with no respect, long-grueling hours, at will employee all the time at a charter school. At least, we, members of the UFT, still have a voice and we do raise our voice when we have to in times of trouble. But, I do truly understand what you're saying. It is painfully obvious what's happening in our union. I hope that this leadership takes the lead of strengthening the union. Otherwise, we are heading for a big collapse and a sad takeout of all our rights. Look what happened at the DC teachers!

Ex-HSA Teacher said...

I am a former Harlem Success teacher. Not many people who work/worked for her like her very much. I once made the comment that she is very nice when I first was hired. Two of her closest colleague responded immediately almost in unison, "Eve is not nice!" Over time I realized that there was a lot of political games going on. Another colleague once said to me that he was tired of "being part of a political campaign." Sending out 15,000 applications for only 400 seats in a school is reprehensible. The money that paid for those mass mailings could have paid the yearly salary of another teacher not to mention the heartache of all those parents who applied but did not get a spot. She does good work trying to give disadvantaged students a quality public school education but at a great cost to staff AND the school's educational budget! school budget.

ed notes online said...

We need more HSA teachers speaking out. Wonder why you left? What was turnover rate?

Dmitry Gubin said...

I would love to interview this teacher for our documentary on school closings!

Dmitry Gubin said...

I would love to interview this former Harlem Success academy teacher for the documentary on school closings! Especially because I have been having a hard time finding someone from the other side willing to speak.

Dmitry Gubin said...

I would love to get that teacher's story for my documentary on school closings!