Friday, July 13, 2018

Can you be so woke you stop laughing? BBC Video Tests Sense of Humor on the Left

When you so woke, you asleep. ... this support group is for people who are so woke they aren't having any fun....  BBC Comedy Video
Getting woke is like being in the Matrix and taking the red pill. You get a sudden understanding of what's really going on and find out you were wrong about ...
I aspire to be more woke than I am but not so woke I inspire the non-woke or semi-woke to roll their eyes - or to make a video like this mocking me. I think of this since tomorrow is family day out on Long Island with some unwoke people.

Upon seeing this BBC Comedy satire on people who are woke to every possible slight -- political correctness to the extreme -- some MORE members said it reminded them of a MORE meeting (MORE and the Mission from God, Part II) where you can get purged for political incorrectness.

So while getting a laugh I also took seriously some of the critical comments posted at the BBC video about mocking people who have been raising consciousness about issues related to gender, race etc. Even seniors.

My favorite line in the video is when she tells the millennials they will be conservatives by the time they are in their 30s. As someone out of the radical 1960s I can testify to how true this turned out to be for so many. Maybe these times are different - maybe the current economic and social stuff going on is the equivalent to the draft in the 60s and this stuff ain't going away so we may see more staying power on the left.

I may make fun of MORE PC stuff but I can certainly say that my own insights have been broadened through the contact I've had with so many woke people -- I'm more Woke than ever. Yet can we also have a sense of humor about some of this stuff? I know we laugh a lot more when ICEUFT people get get together -- people who are also woke - than we do at a MORE meeting.


No comments: