Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bikram Yoga in Times Square

Weds. June 20

 Gee, it will only be 95 degrees at 12:30 today for Bikram yoga with about 5000 people in Times Square. I hope I don't get chilly as I am used to 100 degrees. Look for me at Broadway and 43rd St. or check out: http://www.livestream.com/timessquare.

I will be wearing a Hot Yoga Rockaway Beach that Anita Ruderman, my yoga instructor gave us. I'll do anything for a free tee-shirt.

Then I will try to catch a cool movie before heading over to the Change the Stakes meeting at 5:30 where I will sit as far away from everyone as I can.

I did this last year and it was just an amazing experience. These are pics I took from my spot on the sidewalk outside the Marriott. I spent the whole class wishing I were sipping bloody marys in the bar.

Rajashree Choudhury will be teaching. She is married to Bikram -- I took 4 days of hell -- er workshops with them both about 14 years ago. She really is an amazing teacher.

You can read my report from last year: I'm Hot, You're Not: The Longest Day Redux 

Here is the announcement if you want to rush on down:



Thank you for pre-registering for Solstice in Times Square: Athleta Mind Over Madness Yoga.  We’re looking forward to seeing you in Times Square on Wednesday as we gather to face the challenge of finding tranquility and transcendence in the midst of the urban energy of the world's most commercial and frenetic place.  Please see below for important information about the event and your participation, the live webcast and gifts from our partners!

Event: Solstice in Times Square: Athleta Mind Over Madness Yoga

Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Check-In Location:
You will receive another confirmation email with YOUR designated location. You must bring a printed copy of this document and YOUR check-in location email.

Day-of Instructions

You should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your class.

Athleta is providing complimentary Manduka yoga mats to the fi rst 1,500 attendees that arrive with priority given to those that have pre-registered and arrive 30 mins before.

Please come dressed in the attire you wish to wear for the class. There will be no storage space or changing areas available.

The event will be held rain or shine!

After your class, please visit the yoga village and enjoy live music from Prasanna.

This event will be webcast live at TimesSquareNYC.org. You can also share the broadcast on your own Facebook page.  For instructions go to:  (http://www.livestream.com/timessquare)

For more information about Solstice in Times Square: Athleta Mind Over Madness Yoga , please visit http://www.timessquarenyc.org/events/solstice-in-times-square/faq/index.aspx.

We look forward to seeing you on June 20th in Times Square as we mark the start of summer and celebrate a renewal of mind, body and spirit!

Namaste!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun and enjoy, stay cool afterward and out of the sun.

akrtutor said...

This is really a nice blog with great post, I would really like to keep reading here. Thanks for this nice article, valuable information for all and of course I will recommend my friends to read this for sure.

English Tutor