Friday, December 12, 2014

Hey Ben Chapman, Do Some Real Reporing - Ask Eva to see her list of 16,000 families

-- make some calls to see if they weren't just walking by and signed something on a subway station. Report on how many vacant slots in Success charters.

And since the link to this DN piece by Chapman was posted on Chalkbeat, let's see a bit of that kind of reporting from them too.

I've maintained from the very beginning that these numbers are bogus and that part of charter transparency is making these lists available. Since charters get public funding why are these demands lists not foilable?

Success Academy charter schools see 56% rise in applications

Ben Chapman

More than 6,000 families have already applied to Success Academy, which operates 32 city schools. The demand for a charter school reached an all-time high last year, with more than 16,400 families vying for fewer than 3,000 spots.

1 comment:

L Dalton said...

I have seen it for myself. They walk around and get signatures. They recently asked me and gave me a flyer in front of my house. I know for a fact, that application workshops were set up in Brighton Beach Private Prek's for success academy in bensonhurst. Many of the children currently attending SA Bensonhurst are from these private mostly russian daycares.