Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jonathan Kozol event at the Grad Center Friday CANCELLED

Folks,

I'm sad to report that Jonathan Kozol is too sick to come to NYC this week.

The wet and cold has made it worse, and now his doctor is forbidding travel.

Thus, the event we were planning at the Graduate Center with him this Friday is cancelled.

Hopefully, we will be able to reschedule when he is feeling better.

I can't recommend his new book, Fire in the Ashes, enough.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/books/2012/08/26/review-fire-ashes-jonathan-kozol/FU0YEhIhUf4X7IUKaZEFqI/story.html

Best,

Brian


--
Cheers,
Norm Scott

Twitter: normscott1

Education Notes
ednotesonline.blogspot.com

Grassroots Education Movement
gemnyc.org

Education columnist, The Wave
www.rockawave.com

nycfirst robotics
normsrobotics.blogspot.com

Sent from my BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Norm,
Even with the subways back, I think the turnout would have been low. I have to admire you for wanting to participate. I think people need to rest. Even now I can hear the shoveling of the snow.
Reschedule in the Spring.