Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Typical Retiree Day- A JOKE

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. I have a great example.

The other day my wife and I went downtown and went shopping. We were in a shop for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and said, "Come on man, how about giving a retiree a break?" He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.

So I called him a Nazi bastard and a pig. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So my wife called him a fascist shithead. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by subway.

We try to have a little fun each day now that I am retired. I feel it is important !

Thanks to CS

Warning: Some people took this seriously - especially a certain Unity Caucus cluck.
This is a joke. Anyone who would get into such a confrontation with a cop in a situation like this should be locked up -- for insanity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's messed up Norman. It was probably another teacher's car. Way to care.

ed notes online said...

I at least got his joke when it was sent to me. You need to get a sense of humor transplant.

And what if it wsan't a joke - if it wasn't a teacher's car but say a transit worker or anybody else in fact? That would be ok?

Your comment indicates a lot on how narrowly you think, endemic with many UFT leadership supporters who don't think working class, one of the reasons we are in trouble.

Anonymous said...

Damn, if that is not the pot calling the kettle black.

Your actions (egging on a cop) which you did solely for your own amusement caused another person to get multiple tickets and you're going to lecture me that perhaps it wasn't a teacher.

It was another person Norman! That's it. YOU caused another person to have all of those tickets becuase you thought it was funny.

How do you sleep at night?

ed notes online said...

You're just a naive Unity shmuck. IT'S A JOKE AND AN OLD ONE AT THAT!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Norm, J.P. here. Maybe you should clarify that.

I read it as a true funny vignette at first, then I really felt bad for the person who owned the car. It didn't dawn on me that it was a joke right away.