Monday, August 27, 2012

Cute Cat Pics

You'd have to torture me to get me to admit exactly how much time I spend observing and playing with cats. So, what happens when your kitten is now 10 months old and a close friend and neighbor from a few blocks away was feeding a cat family of 3 -- mom, a male and a female, now known as Penny the Runt. Yes, we took it so now we have two.

Now of course, Bernie, a solid black cat who we found as a 5 week old in a bush on a divider on E. 17th St. just off Foster Ave. a few nights before Halloween, is now big and king of the hill, even though only 10 months old. I don't think Bernie even remembered what another cat looked like while Penny who was estimated at 3 months old but was a tiny, rickety size of a 2 month old because she had to fifht her double size brother for food, is a feral cat.

Bringing 2 strange cats together requires the highest level of diplomacy worthy of middle east negotiations. Over the past 3 weeks there has been some growling and spitting from Bernie, none of which fazed Penny, which totally confuses Bernie.

Here was a milestone I captured on Friday. Really, I could do this all day (and I often do).





3 comments:

NYC ATR said...

But will it raise test scores?

ed notes online said...

I an opting my cats out of the tests.

Anonymous said...

Adorable. That should be your profile pic.

Schoolgal :)