Friday, January 10, 2014

Sexy Bitch-gate: Fred Smith - A Sonnet on SED’s Glorious Ineptitude

King's Sexy Bitch Quizzes are to NY what Christie's Traffic Problems are to NJ!.. CTS listserve
Just when you think it can't get any better after the NYSUT call for a no confidence vote on John King, it does.

Leonie wrote:
Yesterday a parent, Anna Shah, found a link on the NYSED Resources page to a series of tests, including one called the "Sexy Bitch" exam, and blogged about it here. Beloq is a screen shot of the NYSED page as of yesterday.

The last line links to this page, where you can see a series of inappropriate "tests", including the "sexy bitch" exam. After much tweeting and public discussion last night, NYSED has taken down the entire Resources page.

It appears that NYSED has vetted its "resources" about as carefully as its exams and curriculum modules. Anna will be on WNBC news tonight talking about this, yet another instance of SED's supreme carelessness.

Leonie, Fred and the crew from Change the Stakes were on the case with Fred commissioned to write "an ode to NYSED's #Pineapple, #EngageNY sex chat line and #sexybitch exa.

And Fred came through with flying colore, which Leonie posted here: http://shar.es/9OnT1  and I do below.

Leonie wrote:
Pei-Sze Cheng of NBC Manhattan did some interviews and the piece is supposed to run tonight (Saturday) on NBC! Please take a peek and share the info - this is getting big!
ICYMI, Commissioner King Endorses "Sexy Bitch" Quizzes as Fun Test Prep For NY Students!

NYSED took the website and the pages down and tried to erase the evidence, but all the facts, evidence and screen shots have been memorialized on my blog!...

Btw, the entire resource page on NYSED's site is gone -- getting a "page not found" message -- but here it is so we can remember. ;-)

Here is pure Fred Smith

A Confession and A Sonnet to Ineptitude
Folks, before I attempt a feeble effort to relate SED’s latest fiasco with past embarrassments, there’s something I must confess.  As my test score reveals, I’m an honorary sexy bitch (HSB, if you will). So, I’m outing myself before my name and results are published in the tabloids.
The beauty of the SB test is that it is computerized and provides instant results and a personal message:
“You got 115 points.  Congratulations! We hereby bestow upon you the honorary title of 'Sexy Bitch.' We are quite proud of your ability to manage through life. Odds are you are intelligent, successful, witty, popular, well-cultured....and, most important, you are one sexy bitch! Call us and you can come along for Lesbian Night any time that you want!”
I’m aglow in my boa. I responded to the test’s 10 items randomly and I scored 115—enough to cross the threshold of sexy bitchiness. Imagine if I really tried; I could have been a Level 4 diva. And since the test is now core-aligned it means that late in life, I’m 2nd-career ready or prepared to go back to college without the need to take a remedial course in bitchiness.
The thing about Lesbian Night and the fact that I don’t own stilettos makes me a bit skeptical about the validity of the test.  Don’t get my nails done either.  But I’m giving away too much information about my biases and ignorance concerning the habits of SBs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Sonnet on SED’s Glorious Ineptitude
The Pineapple story was one big mess
About a sleeveless fruit that couldn’t race.
So bad it was deleted from the test;
A screw-up bringing Pearson much disgrace.

Last year Tom Dunn was called on to explain
Engage New York’s odd tech help innovation.
Seems folks were seeking log on help in vain,
But got engaged in sex line conversation.

And now we learn EngageNY was hacked
So Tisch will set up a web site task force
To prove ‘twas not security they lacked
Let crude tests pose as Common Core resources

But this is InBloom’s well-deserved death knell.
Thank you, Leonie. Ring the final bell.

May soccer moms from everywhere rejoice,
And special interests from Poughkeepsie smile,
And New York City raise its mighty voice.
What’s right still wins every once in a while.

~fred

No comments: