Thursday, August 6, 2015

New Blog by Parent Activist Nancy Cauthen of Change the Stakes

I'm pleased to announce the launch of my new blog, Dreaming Forward: Inequality, Education and the Politics of the Future! http://dreamingforward.org/. I hope you'll take a look, share it, give me feedback, tell me what you'd like to see me write about, etc. The idea for this blog has been in the works for a very, very long time, so I'm very excited for it to finally go live -- no turning back now!
Nancy
Nancy Cauthen is one of the remarkable activists we've met through CTS. She is very responsible for their web site and so many other things that goes on. She is also on NYSAPE steering as the CTS rep. And she gets what the UFT is all about:
Whatever criticisms educators might have of high-stakes testing in NYC, the leadership of the United Federation of Teachers (UFT), which is the largest local of NYSUT, the state teachers union, has made it absolutely clear that they do not support opt out and will not protect any teacher saying anything that could be construed as promoting opt out among parents. In contrast, NYSUT locals in some areas, particularly Long Island,  have been in the forefront of promoting opt out.
Her latest blog deals with the reasons for the lower opt out rates in the city.

Explaining NYC’s Opt Out Numbers

Her initial blog was: My Take on Education “Reform” in New York State

No comments: