Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Leonie on FOXNews - It's 3 against 1

video here

Of course -An anti-union City Journal guy

Megyn is a FOXer - and not neurtal.
What about union money to politicians.
Leonie - let's look at where the billionaire money is going.
Megyn interrupts - public sector earn more - also that teachers are off in summers.
Leonie compares to billionaires and Wall St.
Tracy Byrnes - nothing to do with WallSt
Megyn supports her. Doesn't interrupt.
Unless Leonie gets in their faces she will not get a word in.
City Journal slug - never belonged to union in his life. Are 93% of Americans repressed?
Leonie - polls show that vast majority of Americans support unions - FOX slug interrupts Leonie again as does City Journal slug. Now brings up pension issue.
Megyn - unions put Democratic politicians - talks about how much money unions are giving to politicians.
Leonie - who is pushing attack on unions - 1% control 25% of the wealth. We will not survive as middle class disappears.
FOX slug talks about jobs.
What a fix this is.
Leonie - very wealthy should pay fair share -

Megyn's got to go - of course - sounds disgusted that Leonie's words about equity would foul the FOX air.

3 comments:

Leonie Haimson said...

I had three very nasty messages on my office phone upon my return; two of them took offense at what I said about the unions and very wealthy and one said that I should have at least combed my hair! And I thought the hair person at Fox did a pretty good job.

Walking into the NewsCorp building is quite an experience; I didn’t see Murdoch or Klein, thank god.

I thought Meghan Kelly was surprising fair, but that other woman! Tracy Byrnes? She was so out of control and off-topic. Is she really the Fox business correspondent.

My favorite moment? When Steve Malanga of the Manhattan Institute ( conservative think tank funded by the hedge fund types and CEOs) said he didn’t feel oppressed because he wasn’t in a union!

ed notes online said...

I thought you looked great. Maybe if you watch the tape you will see how Megyn wasn't really fair - a bit of slow seething.

Home Business said...

I thought Meghan Kelly was surprising fair, but that other woman! Tracy Byrnes? She was so out of control and off-topic. I thought you looked great.