Friday, June 27, 2008

A Very Gneiss Blog

There's no blog out there that gives a better feel for how schools really function - the loves, the hatreds, the joys, the sorrows, the daily, hourly idiocies of the NYC school system than Have a Gneiss Day. A tough gal with a tender heart, Gneiss expresses all the frustrations and excitement of teaching. She's the kind of teacher most NYC principals look askance at because she sees through the bullshit. As a critic of BloomWeinKlein, she falls into the small camp of voices that see the world the way it really is. She would be called a status quoer by the Joel Kleins, Al Sharptons and their band of merry makers, but if I were going to start a school she would be at the top of my list. Actually, I would sit back, put my feet up and let her run it. No Ms. Wannabees here. Yesterday she said goodbye to her favorite kids.

2 comments:

17 (really 15) more years said...

Norm- I'm shocked, flattered, and very honored! This was a nice surprise on my first day of vacation. For once, I am at a loss for words, except to say thank you, and may the force be with you!

ed notes online said...

Extremely well deserved and looking forward to the day when your moniker is "0 more years." Keep sloggin and bloggin. - norm