Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Support Teacher/Parent Marie Corfield for Assembly in New Jersey

JJ is one of the awesome bloggers out there. I'm not big on political campaigns but if he asks I am there. I am heading over to donate to Marie right now.

Dear friends of Jersey Jazzman,

I promise I'll keep it short, and I promise this will be the only time you will hear from me about this:

My good friend, Marie Corfield, is running for Assembly here in New Jersey. I don't have to tell any of you what a slog we've had here going up against Chris Christie and his war on public education. Marie is a teacher, a mother, and our best hope of having a real educator's voice be heard in the fight to save New Jersey's public school system. She is in a competitive district, and there is no doubt she can win this election - IF she has enough money.

I know you are all in different positions and capable of different levels of support. I'd ask you to consider the following:

1) Marie is having an on-line fundraiser this Thursday, July 25: a "money bomb," where she hopes to raise sorely needed revenues for her campaign. Please consider contributing:


I wrote a blog post about the "money bomb" here:



2) If you are in a position to do so, please consider sharing the details of this fundraiser with your audience (I understand many of you cannot, but Marie would still appreciate your personal support). The Facebook page for the "money bomb" is here:


Any social media traffic you can contribute would help: blogs, tweets, Facebook posts, etc.

Believe me when I say I have never written an email like this before. But this is a special circumstance, and Marie is a special person. When she wins, she will make us all proud.

Many thanks,
Mark (aka JJ)


No comments: