Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chris Pavone's "The Accident" Gets NY Times Rave Review

Mr. Pavone writes: “First the web devoured book clubs, then magazines, and now its maw is agape, ravenous, ready to swallow the whole bloody publishing business.” Luckily, unputdownable books like Mr. Pavone’s help keep the business alive and well... Janet Maslin, NYTimes
Chris, who is my long-time friend Vera Pavone's son, hits another home run with his 2nd novel. Since I am way behind on my reading, I didn't get to read his first novel, The Expats, until 6 months ago and it was even better than I thought it would be -- not my usual genre. Chris is appearing at a book signing at a Barnes and Nobles next week but I will be deep into the final rehearsals of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying before our March 14 opening.

Chris Pavone, whose novel "The Expats" won an Edgar Award. Credit Nina Subin

THE ACCIDENT

By Chris Pavone
385 pages. Crown Publishers. $26.
 

Continue reading the main story

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/books/the-accident-a-new-novel-by-chris-pavone-of-the-expats.html?ref=books&_r=1

No comments: