NYC Educator tagged me for a meme.Okay, so I'm a little late. Retirement keeps people busy.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.
1) What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was finishing up my 2nd sabbatical which was a dream because I didn't have to go to school. I offered my services to the district as a computer support person for before that job existed. Six months into my sabbatical, the BOE decided to inundate the middle schools with computers and hired 2 teachers to work with them. I was urged to abandon my sabbatical and take one of the jobs, but I was having too much fun so they hired 2 other guys, one of whom I knew from the time he was a sub at my school. I did some work with them that spring but intended to go back to my school and finish out my last 2 years teaching in a self-contained class, which I hadn't done since 1985. But that June I was told a 3rd position would be created and was offered it. When my new boss told my principal, she said her car was stolen that day but the news I was leaving was worth it.
Oh yeah, and I also was getting Education Notes monthly handouts for Delegate Assemblies going.
2) 5 Things on My To Do List:
I have a massive amount of gardening and yard work to do so-
1. Curtail this blogging crap.
2. Curtail this blogging crap.
3. Curtail this blogging crap.
4. Curtail this blogging crap.
5. Curtail this blogging crap.
3) Snacks I enjoy-
Are you kidding? If it's not moving, I enjoy it. And even that's subject to negotiation.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire
Adopt a little red-haired orphan girl who can sing. And boy, can that kid in this peformance sing. (One weekend left to see it, so come on down.) Jeez, seeing "Annie" at the Rockaway Theater Company for the 2nd time in 2 days has me thinking I'm Daddy Warbucks.
5) Three of my bad habits
1. Sitting here doing this.
2. Breaking away from this ed stuff.
3. Eating every meal like I'm on death row.
6) 5 places I've lived:
4 places in Brooklyn for 34 years and 1 in Rockaway for 29 years. How boring.
7) 5 jobs I've had:
Teaching in various formats. That's all folks.
8)6 people I want to know more about:
Nahhh! I'm skipping this one this time. Everyone I would tag has already done it.