Thursday, April 2, 2015

Brilliant: Bye, Bye Public Ed (to American Pie)

I love this. Just don't have the link -- if you find it leave a comment.

[I DID NOT WRITE THIS - WISH I HAD].

Bye, Bye Public Ed 

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how teaching used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my turn
That I could make those people learn
And maybe they'd be smarter for a while

But it was March and Cuomo's cronies
Pulled the strings of New York's phonies
Bad news out on Facebook
I dared to take one more look

Who'd have blamed me if I cried
When I read about the Governor's lie
Convinced the phonies to vote AYE
The Day Public Ed Died

So bye bye Miss American Pie
Education as we know it has been hung out to dry
And them good ole boys drank in all Andy's lies
Public Ed has now truly died,
Public Ed has now truly died.

Can you read a book at all?
If you can then it's a teacher's fault
But just don't tell Cuomo...
Now do you believe in Testing Prep
Can testing be the savior yet
Or is it just another silly bet?

Well I know that you love what you do
Cause I saw you teaching in your room
You challenged all your kids
But that Test Prep looms so big

I was a hopeful teacher way back when
But that was before Andrew moved on in
And I knew I'd be out of luck
The day Public Ed died.

I started singin' bye-bye Miss American Pie
Education as we know it has been hung out to dry
Them good ole boys drank in all Andy's lies
Singin' Public Ed has now truly died
Public Ed has now truly died.

Now for so long we've been on our own
But then Andy done called in the loan
"This is not how it's going to be"
When Meryl Tisch drank the Kool-Aid punch
Believing in Andy's so-called hunch
Then the voices, well they came from you and me

Oh, and while the unions fought back hard
His Highness played his royal card
"No monies come your way,
'less you do as I say"

And while Andy read the riot act
The phonies formed a royal pact
Now we sing dirges in the dark
The Day Public Ed Died.

We are singin' bye bye Miss American Pie
Education as we know it has been hung out to dry
And them good ole boys were drank in all Andy's lies
Public Ed has now truly died.
Public Ed has now truly died.

2 comments:

Pogue said...

That is really good.

lisa said...

Sad but true. ..great lyrics