Monday, December 31, 2012

Keeping a Woman Happy

I'm a happy woman. I'm a happy woman, tra-la, tra-la, tra-la
I heard this song wafting down from upstairs into the basement through the fumes of the mold spray. Joyfull after 41 years of marriage? Could it be the effects of the raw ginsing roots I've been munching on? Alas, no. My wife had just ordered a replacement washer/dryer for the one month old ones we lost in Sandy and was told they were finally in stock and would be delivered this Thursday.
I'm a happy man. I'm a happy man, tra-la, tra-la, tra-la. 
No more traipsing to Brooklyn to sit in laundromats or going begging at the homes of friends. And being able to take hot yoga without having the wet clothes tossed outside on the deck by yiu know who. Tra-la.

1 comment:

turtlelearning said...

Norm -- Happy New Year! You are my hero!! This past year has been incredible and you always come through with shining colors.

Glad you are getting your washer and dryer. Hope insurance/whatever will pay for them.

Joan K. -- a retiree in Los Angeles wishing we had the wonderful groups you have in New York and Chicago TU.