- Shael Polakow-Suransky, Chief Academic Officer, NYC Public Schools
- Anita Skop, District 15 Superintendent
- Anna Allanbrook, Principal of Brooklyn New School, PS 146
- Jack Spatola, Principal of Beacon School of Excellence, PS 172
- Jia Lee, Parent Activist and Teacher at The Earth School
- Leonie Haimson, Director of Class Size Matters
- Fred Smith, Change The Stakes
Thursday, September 26, 2013
MORE/Change the Stakes Jia Lee and Fred Smith on Panel HST Panel with Shael Polokow-Suransky
I hope Shael doesn't join Marc Sternberg in jumping the Tweed ship before this event. Does he think he has a chance to be chancellor? (I'm betting on Cathie Cashin). But the word is that Shael could be interim Chancellor until the Sandanista appoints Raul Castro to the PEP.
District 15 Community Education Council
You are invited to come to our Community Education Council
District 15 Public Meeting
High-Stakes Testing and District 15 Common Core Test Results
Date: Monday, September 30, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Location: MS 51
350 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215Speakers:
How did your kid's school do on the Common Core tests? Representatives from the DOE will break down the scores for our district. A panel of educators and activists will respond with a critical discussion of high-stakes testing and its implications. They will present alternate perspectives on the 2013 test scores and what they mean to us as concerned public school parents, educators and administrators.
131 Livingston Street, Room 301
Brooklyn, New York 11201