-Please Share With Those Who Care-
· Stop Charter School Co-Locations.
· Stop School-Based Budget Cuts.
· Stop Increases in Class Sizes.
· Stop the Overemphasis on Standardized Assessment: More Teaching, Less Testing.
· Stop Teacher Data Reports Based on Narrow Tests and Faulty Data.
· Stop Ignoring the Voices of Parents, Educators, and Students: More Parent, Educator and Student Empowerment, Not Less.
· Stop the Dictatorial Governance of Our School System: Mayoral Control is Out of Control!
· No Layoffs of Teachers or School Personnel: Reduce the Bureaucracy and Fire the Middle Managers Instead!
· Hold a rally before or after school
· Craft a form letter or petition on an issue important to your school
· Pass out literature and education material before and after school
Don't forget the City-Wide Rally to Fight School Closings and Charter Takeovers on January 27th @ City Hall Plaza. To Endorse email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join The Real Reformers at the Upcoming Panel for Educational Policy Meetings (all at Brooklyn Technical High School @ 5:30):
January 19th: Greet Cathleen Black and tell her and the PEP to Defend Public Education and end the historic inequity in funding, particularly for schools that serve Black and Latino children.
February 1st: Support schools facing closing and co-location. Join us in telling the PEP that Co-Locations only divide and hurt our public school communities.
February 3rd: Support schools facing closings. Join us in telling the PEP that the current school closing policy is misguided and destructive, they should be supporting and fixing our schools, not closing them.
March 1st **(note changed from 2/15)**: Support schools facing co-locations and Join us in declaring our schools are not for sale; say NO to the privatization agenda.
Real Reform: Transforming Public Education, School Governance, and Teacher Unions