Thursday, October 3, 2013

Co-Location Madness: PS 196, MS 582 Petition to Stop 3rd School Co-location

Why would the DOE put a 2nd middle school in the same building where one already exists in addition to an elementary school?
Another act of madness by the exiting madmen and women at Tweed.

PS 196 is in District 14 on Bushwick Ave. just a few blocks north of the school I taught at for 27 years. I know Rob and many teachers at the school since I was the district tech liason there from 1998-2002 when I retired. Putting a 3rd school in there is beyond outrageous --- This came from Rob Burstein. I'm not a big believer in petitions. These things are reversed either by someone with enough political pull to scare the Tweedies or if there were a massive response from the community like there was in Marine Park years ago --- the only successful community charter resistance I can remember.
Dear Friends,

As many of you are aware, I am a teacher in a NYC Public School. My school is in a fight to protect itself from a devastating and inappropriate co-location of a third school into our building. I would be most appreciative if you would take a minute to sign our online petition and consider forwarding it to others, posting it on your Facebook wall and any other social media that you wish. We need all the help we can get to try to stop Mr. Bloomberg's last acts of pedagogical madness from hurting our students!
Thanks so much for your help--it's really appreciated!!

I just signed the petition "Stop The Damaging Third School Co-Location at P.S. 196 and M.S. 582!" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-damaging-third-school-co-location-at-p-s-196-and-m-s-582?share_id=pVUizqnuGu&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks!

Rob

No comments: