I'm reposting with the great graphic above from Diana Zavala (Feedblitz subscribers who are inundated with Ed Notes posts will NOT be happy).
Members of CTS (mostly parents) played a significant role in this week's opt-out story out of Castle Hill School in Washington Hts (Parents Lead Massive Opt-Out of Kindergarten Tests in Washington Hts (District 6) and have been active on a number of fronts (Change the Stakes: New York City Public School Parents Deserve to be Heard by Education Commissioner John King)
There will also be a report on plans for the Oct. 30 PEP which will include a funeral for the schools closed and co-located by Bloomberg.
PLEASE JOIN US AT OUR MONTHLY OPEN MEETING
Change the Stakes General Meeting
Friday, October 255:30 - 7.30 pmWhen: Fri, October 25, 5:30pm – 7:30pmWhere: CUNY Graduate Center located on 365 5th Avenue Room 5489. Bring Photo ID for building entry
Agenda for Oct 25:
2. Discussion: How are students experiencing assessment this year? Begin with a
report from Dao from Castle Bridge, K-2 testing boycott,
,teachers will discuss the teacher evaluation and
3. Report back:
- Governance, Promotions, CEC initiative: Discuss talking points and do role play for crafting effective communications.
4. Committee working:
- Open up to group for additional issues that others feel are relevant at this time.
- Review committee descriptions and invite members to join committees.
- Committee report backs on current and upcoming initiatives.
- Committee break out groups.